COOK – FULL TIME
We currently have a vacancy for a full time cook.
Our restaurant is renowned for producing the best Hungarian and Central European food.
We’re open 7 days a week and ideally situated in cosmopolitan Elsternwick.
We are seeking a skilled and knowledgeable cook looking for a long term role with us who’ll work a variety of shifts across the week. As our Cook, on your own or as part of our team, you will take care of all aspects of cooking including ensuring the highest quality of ingredients are used to produce the best tasting dishes and that the presentation of food is first rate.
Ideally you will have experience with and knowledge of Hungarian and Central European cuisine. You will be able to work independently as necessary and will be rewarded with a friendly and supportive work environment.
Excellent salary + super and great working conditions await the successful applicant.
Please apply without delay by emailing your CV to email@example.com. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
We are looking for a superstar, full time front of house Restaurant Manager to lead the team at BUDAPEST RESTAURANT AND PALINKA BAR (Venue Select Pty Ltd) located at 273 Glen Huntly Rd, Elsternwick one of Melbourne’s most famous schnitzel restaurants. Is this you?
- You can help to plan menus in consultation with the kitchen
- You can manage and organise the purchasing and pricing of our products
- You can manage records of our stock levels and financial transactions
- You can ensure that the dining facility comply with OH&S health regulations
- You can make sure that the restaurant is maintained/clean during service
- You can actively engage with patrons during service to ensure that they are happy and enjoying their meal
- You can resolve any issues/complaints that arise with patrons or staff
- You can manage the reservations, guest lists, table allocations and also assist with taking orders
- Manage reviews and social media as well as ensure the delivery service runs efficiently
- You can plan and assist with functions. We are presently building a second kitchen and are intending to expand our business to be able to cater for functions.
In order to be suitable, you would need to have the following attributes:
- Need to have at least 3 years of extensive hospitality experience undertaking the role of a Restaurant Manager and can demonstrate an appropriate level of skill to be immediately effective in this role
- An ability to train and assist in all areas of front of house
- A strong commitment to customer service excellence
- Ability to organize bookings and table allocations to maximise turnover for the business
- You can recruit, train, motivate and get the best out of your team – leading by example.
- You can earn the respect of your fellow workers
- You can think on your feet, deal with the stresses of a busy service, and do what it takes to get the job done
- You can work evenings and weekends
The successful applicant will work with the owners to continually improve our product offering and implement systems to ensure the smooth running of the business.
You will be well remunerated with a starting salary of $60,000 plus bonuses for hitting key performance targets.
If you believe you can be our next superstar, we can’t wait to read your application.
WAITING / BAR STAFF
We currently have vacancies for experienced waiting / bar staff. Coffee making experience and an understanding of Hungarian / Central European food is an advantage. Applicants should be experienced with table service and should be able to speak English fluently and clearly. You must be prepared to stay for a minimum of 6 months. Applicants will be required to work at least Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights. Other shifts may also be available. Interested applicants should email their CV to firstname.lastname@example.org